Tuesday 7 June 2016

Bucking Bronco Bunny.........

'Yeeeeeeee Haaaaaaa'

Hello friends, I hope you're all well, feeling über creative and crafty....!

It feels like such a long time since my last DT blog, but it's only been a few weeks!

Well, it's my turn to show my work for Roc Nicholas' Design Team today. 



For this piece, I wanted to try out different crackle pastes to see how good the results were on a couple of different papers.
I started by using a piece of watercolour card and selecting a few spray inks to use on it.  I wet the paper with water, which lets the inks blend much better. I used a combination of Dylusions and Tim Holtz Distress Sprays, which are my favourites sprays.

The paper has to be thoroughly dry before you attempt any sort of crackle effect.  I chose a stencil with various sizes of circles on (I have a pretty serious obsession with circular stamps and stencils - I just love them!) and applied Tim Holtz' Crazing medium through the stencil, then left it to dry again. You shouldn't use a heat tool with most crackle mediums. 



I stamped the bunny onto another piece of watercolour card which had a different type of crackle glaze on it. Unfortunately, the photos don't show the crackles very well. I had to leave the bunny to dry overnight because I applied a thick layer of Finnabairs Clear Crackle to it in order to get larger cracks.

To turn my bunny into a 'Bucking Bronco', I stamped out 'Nina' by Magda Polakow (stampotique) to sit on him. 
Finally, to finish my card off, I stamped out 'Squiggle Arms' and 'Scalloped Lace Border' both by Roc Nicholas (Stampotique) and coloured them all in using watercolour paints.

I was quite pleased with how well everything crackled, because I must admit, it never usually works for me. The best and easiest product I used was Tim Holtz' Crazing Medium. It's pretty much foolproof, dries quickly and by using Tim's 'Distress Crayons' they enhance the colour and crackles perfectly.

I hope you like this. I enjoyed making it and playing around with different mediums.  

Yeeeeeee Haaaa......

The stamps I used were all by Stampotique.

 -  Bunny
Are all by Roc Nicholas

 - Nina by Magda Polakow

Thanks for popping over, please feel free to leave a message, I'd love to hear from you....!


Happy Crafting..........

Gemma xoxoxo






3 comments:

  1. This is so cute and original! Love it, Gemma!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is lovely, Gemma !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you got so much fun in to one creation, and your colours are awesome too Gemma, just adorable xxx

    ReplyDelete