Wednesday 7 September 2016

.....In a while Crocodile

Good morning all!!!

It's a beautiful day here again today, plus it's the 7th of the month which means that it's my turn as Roc Nicholas Design Team to post my work.....

As well as being my DT piece for this month, the postcard will also be sent to another participant in Roc's Rubber Stamp postcard swap group on Facebook this month. There are still a few days to take part...!



I used a 4x6in postcard to create this piece. I mixed black Gesso with Texture Powder to create a black texture paste, then stencilled circles (I'm a teeny weeny bit obsessed with circles) over the background.

Whilst it was drying I stamped out four of my favourite Roc Nicholas stamps (see below) on to good quality stamping paper. As the theme for the swap was 'Black and White with a pop of colour' I didn't have to do much colouring, but I wanted to colour in the gorgeous Alligator.

I'd recently bought Ranger's new 'Enamel Accents' and I love them. They are also great to paint with, just by adding some water to thin them down slightly, and when they're dry, you're left with a beautiful shiny finish - fabby!


When the textured circles were dry, I did some background stamping, then positioned my cut-outs on the card and glued them in place. 

Stamps I used are:
1. Crocodile
2. Leaf dot border
3. Polka dot dog
They can be found at http://www.stampotique.com/stamp/roc-nicholas.html

I'm quite pleased with it. Hope you like it too?!
Happy crafting friends, please pop by and say Hello, I'd love to hear from you xoxoxo












4 comments: