Sunday 7 May 2017

Unleash Yourself.....

......and Unleash The Dogs!! 


Greetings everyone, this month has just flown by.

It's my turn already this month to share my creation for Roc Nicholas Design Team. Roc's stamps are fabulous and you can find them all here for Stampotique.

I thought I'd have a play around with one of the meanings of Roc's stamps for this project. I love her 'Unleash Yourself' stamp but I thought that I'd try and twist the meaning so that i could also try to link it to unleashing dogs on maybe a walk or at a dog show?! Hehe

This is what I came up with....


On a journal page I started by making an easy brayered background using different shades of Pinks and Teals (my go to colours every time - I might force myself to use other colours next time). I kept the colours quite subtle as my base layer because I wanted to build up layers to enhance them.

Unfortunately you can't see on these photos, but I applied a thick(ish) layer of Clear 
Crackle Glaze through a stencil on various sections of the page. I then had to let it dry.
Whilst it was drying, it gave me chance to work out what stamps I needed for my 'dog show'! 

When the Crackle Glaze was dry, I used some of Tim Holtz Distress Crayons to enhance the colours in some of the areas and make the crackles stand out more. I colour straight onto the crackles, then rub the colour in with my fingers. The heat from your fingers help the Crayons to spread really easily. I love to use them.
I also added some background stamping in complimentary colours, then used my Posca paint pens to add splashes of colour and yellow to make the rest of the background pop.



I coloured my stamped images using watercolour paints and brought in some more yellow to tie all of the colours together.
Before I stuck the main images to the page, I stamped out Roc's 'Stacked boxes' on to some book page and used them as a platform to stand my 'dog show' on. I could then stick everything down in place.  

I really enjoyed making this, it was fun and I adore dogs so Yay!!

The stamps I used were:-


Thanks for taking the time to pop over and have a look at my blog today. I really appreciate your support xoxo
Happy Crafting xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment